Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rep Rage

New York's lone Republican Congressman apologizes:
"My constituents know I'm extremely passionate," Grimm said, adding he worked throughout the day Tuesday on flood insurance. "My district, people were slammed by Superstom Sandy. I have to go home and look people in the eye that have nothing, OK? They have lost everything they have ever owned, and they are almost completely out of hope, and you know what they expect? They expect Michael Grimm to have their back, and that's what I'm going for."

"I'm the guy that's going to stand up for these constituents," he continued. "I'm going to be relentless, and I'm very passionate about it. And unfortunately, when you're that type of person who has that kind of passion, your emotions can get the better of you."

The congressman's outbreak happened after the president's State of the Union address when a reporter from NY1 asked him about a federal investigation into possible campaign finance violations. According to NY1's transcript of what happened, Grimm lost it following the question, saying: "Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f----- balcony." The congressman than told the reporter "you're not man enough, you're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy." Grimm, who was first elected to Congress in 2010, is a former Marine and was once an undercover FBI agent.
Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry...

No comments:

Post a Comment