Monday, December 12, 2016

Hey Joe

Are you ready for-Governor Piscopo?
Piscopo, 65, gained fame as a member of the “SNL” cast, impersonating fellow Jersey native Sinatra as well as late-night host Dave Letterman. He also appeared in films and hosts a political talk radio show in New York and is a spokesman for the Boys and Girls Club.

He says he would likely run as a Republican in 2017, but isn’t ruling out jumping in as an independent after the June 6 primary.

“I’m seriously looking at it,” he said, promising to make a decision by January. “I love the people. I love the state. I know what has to be done.”

Piscopo has never campaigned for or held office, but considered running in 2004. What’s different now? He said he feels emboldened by the against-all-odds victory of President-elect Donald Trump, whom he spoke for recently at a Florida rally.

“When I saw Mr. Trump in Tampa and he invited me to speak, I saw it was contagious. It was the movement. It wasn’t the machine,” he said.
What would Johnny Dangerously do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corruption Pays

If you were a crook before, the IRS is willing to rehire you: According to the document, 13 of those rehired employees had previously been t...