Thursday, April 13, 2017

They Pay, You Stay?

Working for the people?
U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin, a Republican in his third term, held the forum in Jay, Okla., and didn’t appreciate one of the questions, which was based on the premise that his constituents are the ones paying his congressional salary.

“I’m going to address two things: One, you said you pay for me to do this? Bullcrap, I pay for myself,” Mullin said quickly. “I paid enough taxes before I ever got there and continue to through my company to pay my own salary. This is a service. No one here pays me to go.”

“I do it as an honor and a service,” he added.

Several audience members spoke up, challenging his position. “Who pays you to go there?” one audience member can be heard asking.

Mullin did not directly answer, but instead doubled down on his previous claim: “I’m just saying this is a service for me, not a career, and I thank God this is not how I make my living.”
A public service, mind you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gold Star Mine

There's gold in them stars: The colliding stars spewed bright blue, super-hot debris that was dense and unstable. Some of it coalesced i...